Our mission statement
Make Priory R.C. Primary School a place where God's love for us is shared and nurtured by:
- Helping all children and adults, in our School community, to live their lives based on the Gospel values
- Recognising that all individuals have their own gifts to offer.
- Creating a happy, friendly, family spirit within the school
- Making space each day for sincere moments of prayer, reflection and worship.
Make Priory R.C. Primary School a place where the teachings of Christ can be seen and followed by:
- Showing proper respect for each other, as Christ is present within us all
- Promoting positive attitudes and behaviour;
- Treating misdemeanours with justice and forgiveness;
- Following Christ’s example and showing appropriate pleasure towards success, but also to be kind and supportive towards those with troubles.
- Providing experiences through which children learn co-operation and respect for others.
Provide the firm foundations for successful lifelong learning by:
- Valuing the individual qualities of each child and encouraging them to aim for their best in everything they do
- Providing excellent and inspirational teaching that results in high standards
- Providing a broad, balanced and extended curriculum based upon the needs and interests of our community
- Showing we are a ‘learning community’ where the learning of adults and children is actively encouraged
- Providing a safe and stimulating environment in which to learn
- Helping children understand the world in which they live.
- Listening to children and parents
Develop a partnership in faith building together with parents and the parish by:
- Developing strong and positive links between school and home. Parents are the first teachers of their children.
- Striving for good, positive, formal and informal links between school and parish
- Being an active part of the faith development of our pupils, alongside parents and parish, by giving children the foundations of Love, Peace and Justice.
Plymouth CAST t/as Priory RC Primary School funding Agreement. Click HERE to view.