After School Club
Priory School's After School Club meets every evening in term time from 3.15 -6.00pm. A great many different activities take place, including drama, art and sports. All children receive a snack and a drink during the session. Twenty-four places are available on each evening for children aged 4 - 11.
We have a Breakfast Club running from 7.45am onwards. A typical morning would involve quiet games, reading and a chance to catch up on Homework and breakfast. 16 places are available.
A charge of is made for each session to cover the costs. Application forms to join the club can be obtained from the school office.
Extra Curricular Activities
There are a wide variety of clubs and outside activities mainly organised after school. The current list of activities includes:-
- Homework club,
- Football club (year 3 and 4 boys), (year 5 and 6 boys) and girls football
- Gifted and talented art club- KS2
- Cooking club
- Science club-KS1 (summer term)
- Transition club (1st half autumn term for year 7 pupils)
- Knitting club
- Gardening club
- Recorder club
- Year 6 science workshops at St Cuthbert Mayne
- G and T enrichment sessions run through local authority
- We also signpost or provide access to the Family Information service
(at different times of the year)
Shortage of time and space means that unfortunately, not every child always has the chance to do all that he/she would like.
These activities are run by staff in their own time or parent volunteers. Where a club is after school, children must always tell their parents if they are staying and will therefore be late home.