TERM DATES & ATTENDANCE
Please note that our school policy says that non-attendance will only be authorized in exceptional circumstances. Exceptional circumstances do not include holidays. A request must be completed on the correct form which can be given to you or emailed from the school office. We recognise that it is often expensive to take a holiday during the school holidays, but it is important that you consider carefully the consequences of a term-time holiday for your child. These include:
- Children may find it very difficult to catch up on work they have missed.
- This may affect test preparation times and results.
- Children who struggle with Mathematics and English may find it even harder to cope when they return to school.
- Children may miss out on special projects or school trips.
- Younger children may find it difficult to make or renew friendships with their classmates.
- There are three periods when absences will not be authorized:
- The first three weeks in September: this is a period when all children must attend in order to settle into their new classes.
- For all children from the beginning of the summer term until the end of the National assessment time (31st June).
- If a child’s attendance is below 96%.
Please see link below that has been sent by the local authority:
Please click on the links below to access the documents: